Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Beauty of Uncertainty and Signing Contracts

“Certainty is the mark of the commonsense life – gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life. To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, not knowing what tomorrow may bring. This is generally expressed with a sigh of sadness, but it should be an expression of breathless expectation. We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God. As soon as we abandon ourselves to God, He begins to fill our lives with surprises.” - Oswald Chambers

This just in friends, [ok, not really JUST in, because this actually happened on Monday, but whatever!] I signed my contract and will be coming back to MCA next year as a TEACHER. For those of you who don't know, I have never taught, ever. I'm a little scared but I'm embracing the uncertainty! By choosing to do something so different, I will get to see God work and make me into the teacher He would have me be. And that, my friends, is very exciting.

Throughout this year God has given me such a desire to get into the lives of our students, and while I get opportunities to do so while working in the office, I want as many as I can possibly get. I can't wait to get into the classroom and be able to teach them about English and literature, but then also have so many opportunities to pull students aside and ask them about their walk with God and share Truth with them.

I have no idea what tomorrow will bring, but I know that God is leading me and showing me amazing things that I would not have seen had my life been lived full of certainty about what tomorrow holds.


Tell me, where is God taking you?

No comments:

Post a Comment