Monday, October 11, 2010

Finally in Mexico

On Saturday we finally got to go into Mexico to the orphanage! I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous [mostly because my mom kept saying "I love you" in every single text like I was about to die]. Really, there was nothing to worry about...at least where we were. Border patrol was easy-peasy and I didn't see any big guns the whole day.

When we got to the orphanage, the kids opened the gates for us. We then went on a tour of the campus and took some pictures. A few of the kids were wearing Heritage t-shirts which was super cool. I just wanted to squeeze them!


Erika and I cleaned out some cabinets so the little boys could move into their room.



Then we went out and saw the pigs. They were totes cute.


We didn't get to hang out with the kiddos as much as I wanted but hopefully we will get to in the future.



Also, I REALLY want to ride on this thing!


It was a good experience and I hope I get to go back soon and spend more time with the kids.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you enjoyed it!! I'm glad you were able to and I pray you are able to return!

    ReplyDelete