Friday, October 29, 2010

A Hole In Our Gospel

Hey all. Sorry I haven't written a lot lately. I've had a lot going on internally and just can't find a way to write about it, so I haven't.

In other news, I have been listening to A Hole In Our Gospel: What Does God Expect From Us? by Rich Stearns. It's so good and I would reccommend it to any Christian. Here are some quotes pulled from the text.

“Growth demands a temporary surrender of security” - Gail Sheehy

“The place God calls you to is the place where your deepest gladness and the world's deepest hunger meet.” - Fredrick Buckner

“God does indeed use our most painful seasons to deepen our faith and conform us to His will.” - Rich Stearns
 
So, I guess the fact that each of those quotes are somewhat related tells you a little about what I'm struggling with without me having to put it into my own words.

3 comments:

  1. Tori - that quote from Frederick Buckner is a favorite of our lead pastor; he often uses it when he's talking about our community outreach and where each of us "fits in" to it. I love the idea of having a place that each of us is called to, a place where our greatest passion meets the greatest need of the community around us or even the world we live in. And I've never heard the Rich Stearns quote, but I really like it - something I identify with for sure. Our prayers are with you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Blogland! You didn't post a status about it, so I didn't see it until just now. I was checking pretty regularly, but I slacked off when nothing came. I like the pics and I can't wait to see your videos, and I really, really can't wait to see you...29 days, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katy!

    Mom, yes! 29 days! Soooo excited!

    ReplyDelete