Thursday, December 23, 2010

On Singleness

Ecclesiastes 3:1 says “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.”

I've come to the point [finally] where I see singleness as a blessing. It has taken me a very long time to let God soften my heart toward this. I thought that if I softened my resolve on wanting to have a relationship or wanting a husband ASAP, that God would take those things away from me. [Sigh.] I am so dumb.

He knows what will make me most satisfied: Himself. By keeping from me the things I thought I wanted, He has shown me Himself, the thing my heart truly desires.

And wait, there's more! [And you didn't think it could get better, right?] By allowing me to be single, God has given me a world of opportunities for His fame and for my joy. If I had been married, I would not have been able to pack up everything and move to Texas to meet the people who would point me to the person of Christ. I would not have so many possibilities for this summer. I mean, if it is His will, I can literally go to the ends of the earth this summer, which would not only be so cool, but would also bring Him glory!

This is not to say that I never want to be married, but I am so thankful to God that He has given me this time to enjoy Him and use my whole self for His work!

No comments:

Post a Comment