Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Songs of 2010

Here's a little list of my favorite and least favorite songs of 2010.

Favorite Pop Songs

Grenade/Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars - I cannot choose between these two songs. They are both super adorable. Basically, I just want to carry Bruno around in my pocket.
OMG/DJ Got Us Falling In Love - Usher - OK, I'll admit it. I love Usher...well, at least pop/dance version of Usher.
Dynamite - Taio Cruz - Have I mentioned that I love dance songs? Because I do.
Animal - Neon Trees - OK, I definitely don't know the lyrics to this whole song but everytime it comes on [Yes, even on commercials] I get excited!
Back To December - Taylor Swift - Taylor Lautner, just take her back already! I love this song. I just, I love it.
Somebody To Love/Baby - Justin Bieber - Judge if you wish; these songs are catchy!
Yeah 3x - Chris Brown - I've only heard this song twice but, oh wow, I love it. It's so happy and fun. [Insert reference to Rihanna irony.]



Favorite 9-year-old-super-cute-I-can't-even-stand-how-cute-but-I-love-it song

Whip My Hair - Willow - Her video is precious. Don't lie, you can't get it out of your head either.



Songs I Wish Were Never Played

The Time (Dirty Bit) - Black Eyed Peas - Talk about songs that never needed to be remixed. I didn't like that song to begin with and this remix definitely didn't help anything.

Personal Music Discoveries

Andrew Belle - Try out songs like "The Ladder" or "Oh My Stars" then cue the swoon.
The Almost - Technically I had listened to The Almost a lot a few years ago but I started listening to the Monster Monster album. "Hand Grenade" and "Hands" are my favorites!
Ben Rector - He's just great. Do yourself a favor and give him a listen.
Lecrae - Thank you, Paul and Sarah. I really wanted to be able to listen to some rap without having to hear about drugs and money. I really like "Used To Do It Too" because, well, I used to do it too.
Mumford & Sons - Indie at it's best. They have beautiful harmonies and interesting subject matter. But if you get the CD, listen to "Timshel" twice and skip "Little Lion Man" (soooo much cursing).
Needtobreathe - NeedISayMore?
The Temper Trap - "Sweet Disposition" over and over and over and over.....also it was in (500) Days of Summer!!!

Songs I Wore Out

Don't Let Me Fall - B.O.B
I'm At Home - Chris and Conrad
Enchanted - Taylor Swift
When I Look At You - Miley Cyrus
Awakening - Chris Tomlin
How He Loves/Oh Happiness - David Crowder Band

What were your favorite and least favorite songs of 2010?

2 comments:

  1. ENCHANTED oh my GOSH. my most played song on itunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I gave those two videos a chance.

    I kinda liked the first.
    I hope I NEVER hear the second ever again.

    High chance, since I have no clue where you heard any of this to begin with.

    ReplyDelete