Tuesday, January 12, 2010

101 in 1001 Update

Here's a little update on how my 101 in 1001 is going thus far.

29. Get moleskin journals
Tomorrow I am planning to go to Barnes and Noble to use the gift card I got for Christmas from my best friend to purchase my moleskins!

37. Go on a date with John Taylor
For those of you who don't know who JT is, he is the Jonas Brothers' music director and guitar player. My best friend and I decided on December 28th (right?) that we have 6 months to get a date with John Taylor and Greg Garbo (JB's bassist). Since we're pretty lame when it comes to dudes we have come up with a plan of attack. First we have a workout plan:

1. Work out 4x weekly
2. Twice weekly - Run/Stairstep/Elliptical for 30+ min
3. Twice weekly - Do something physical! Workout video/Wii Fit/Random Cardio
4. Daily - 20+ pushups, 50+ situps, 100+ jumping jacks/jump ropes/butt kicks/etc
5. Twice weekly 20+ minutes strength

Next we have a confidence building plan:

1. Twice weekly - Wake up early, do hair and makeup, wear a cute outfit
2. Have a meaningful conversation with a boy once a week
3. During the semester go on one practice date with a friend
4. Text one boy per week (at least 3 different boys)
5. No negative connotations--verbal or nonverbal-- about your body at all for the entire semester - every time you do, put $.10 in a jar

Yeah, we've totally got this in the bag. HA!

Garbo (left) and Joe (right):


Kevin (left) and John Taylor (right)


40. My room clean for a month straight (5/31)
Yep, I've kept my room clean for 5 days as of right now!

47. Get an internship in radio/tv/magazine/movies/photo
I was looking at some of these today which sound really exciting but are also a little terrifying! Many of them are in NYC and LA, so I would be very far from home.

84. Make an awesome mix CD for a random friend
Today I made 2 mix CDs for Breehan (bribing her to make me a CD with songs from Glee on it) and a few days ago I made one for another of my friends.

Did anyone else make a 101 in 1001 list? Resolutions? Are you keeping up with them?

1 comment:

  1. DEAR TORI CLEMENTS,

    In the words of that new TRAIN song.. "HEY SOUL SISTER!"

    Oh my gosh. Based on your 101 things, and what you wrote on my blog, and your profile.. you and I are friends, we just haven't met yet! haha. OK I am commenting on some of your 101 things, OK? but I will do it on that post so it's easier to read.

    GOODNESS. How far are you guys in Philippians? I started memorizing it awhile back.. I have pretty much the first chapter solid in my memory for life. Why did you guys decide as a church to memorize Philippians?

    WRITE BACK NEW FRIEND ;D

    ReplyDelete