Thursday, January 14, 2010

Who are you when no one is around?


I used to try to be really cool with my music taste. I thought everyone would like me (or at least the people I wanted to impress) if I listened to semi-underground bands and singer/songwriters. And it worked to some extent and I've got to say, some of those artists are really great and I still really enjoy listening to them. Now, however, I have given up on being musically cool. Now I just listen to music that I can really relate to and makes me HAPPY! I know that many of you probably think that my fondness of a certain band is silly, and it is(!), but that's what makes it so fun!

I wish we could all stop trying to impress each other! Wear what you want, listen to what you want, act how you want, worship God the way you want without trying to comply with social standards! Wouldn't life be so much more colorful? I think it would be so fun to know everybody for who they really are when their at home in their room. You would find out that I love to dance around my room, turn on songs that I sing well to so I can pretend like I'm auditioning for American Idol, talk to myself in a terrible French accent, and come up with questions I would use for one of my dream jobs of being a late-night talk show host.

Well, that turned into something completely different than I intended but I like it. What do you think? What are you like when no one else is around? What makes you HAPPY?

No comments:

Post a Comment