Friday, January 8, 2010

On the Hunt

I will be graduating in exactly 5 months 4 months (so soon!). Most people would be really excited about this, and I am to some extent, but it also puts on a lot of pressure. I need to find some kind of job or resume building opportunity so I am on the lookout. I don't really envision myself doing anything conventional, like a 9-5 job but we will see. I'm trusting God to place me exactly where he wants me. Some places that I have been looking at for an over-the-summer mission trip/resume building experience are:

Baby Watoto: This is an orphanage in Uganda. They take volunteers for 1-6 months (I would probably do 1-2 months unless God wanted me there longer). They have two opportunities that I am interested in. The nanny position would have me taking care of 2-4 babies around the same age either in a day or night shift. They are sooo cute! You can see pictures of the little ones here. They also have a volunteer opening for a photographer. That would be super exciting. I would love to do that job, especially if I would get to interact with the babies to some extent!

Real Hope For Haiti: This is a rescue center in Haiti which houses both children and adults with medical problems and children that are waiting to be adopted. They don't actually have a volunteer program but I have thought about emailing them about such opportunities.

Other opportunities I have considered are getting an internship with magazine/tv station/movie production company/radio. I would really love to get into some kind of media like this but I have very little training in any of these areas except for my Writing for Print Media class my sophomore year and The Tori and Breehan Show.

If you have any ideas, I will gladly accept them! Also, if you would pray that I would really listen to God, that would be awesome! And since a blog post is dull without a picture, I will leave you with this. This is from the Sapp New Year's Party:



1 comment:

  1. I definitely think you should do the orphanage or Real Hope for Haiti thing. You can do the internship any time. And once you do get into a professional job, it is HARD to do much travel. That is just me though. I think you should travel as much as you can, right now. Excited to hear any developments that come about :)

    ReplyDelete