Monday, January 24, 2011

Half-Marathon Training

Well, ladies and gents, it's Monday, and that means it's time for another installment of Half-Marathon Training with Tori.

This past week was my first week using my official training schedule.


It went well. I've decided that I'm going to try to be very disciplined with the schedule and do everything it tells me [otherwise I would probably cheat and cheating is for lame-Os. Yes, I said it. Lame-Os]. I did have to change my Tuesday/Thursday runs to Monday/Wednesday due to basketball games and such, but I think that's pretty legit.

On Monday, I did 2 miles at a fairly slow, but respectable and easy-on-the-old-lungs pace. Wednesday, I did 2.5 miles at around the same pace. Saturday, I did a very slow 3 miles. Yesterday, I felt very good. I did 2 miles at a pace about 30sec/mi faster than on Monday.

Today, ladies and gents, I beat my 2 mile time from last Monday by 2:07! I'm pretty pumped about that.

And I went to the Nike outlet today but it had closed for renovations. Lame. Then I tried on 3847982 pairs of shoes at Famous Footwear but I just wasn't in the mindset to buy. Oh well.

And just fyi, for those of you who are wondering and/or who want to know if you could run even though you're terrible at it, you can! I'm loving getting into shape, getting outside, having some alone time, and having tons of time with God!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment