Sunday, January 9, 2011

Your Time To Be A Missionary Is Now

Today, and often, I've been pondering my purpose here and why being here is so different for me spritually than being at home. I've come to the conclusion, or at least a semi-conclusion, that when I am here, I'm in missionary-mode. But aren't we called to be missionaries all the time? When I'm here, it's more obvious, but when I'm at home or away, I should still encourage people in Christ and tell unsaved people about Him because that is my life. It should not be a matter of where I am or my job situation. I should be pursuing Christ and pursuing people in Christ no matter what.

And you should do the same. If you work a full time job, great! Many missionaries in other countries have to work full-time as well, you can do it too! If you think you don't have the words to say, great! You're starting from the same place Moses did, and look at how God used him! You can ask God for the words and He will give you the words to say.

Find a ministry to get involved with. Start ministering to the people you work with, the people you order food from, the people at your gas station. Opportunities are everywhere and God will show them to you if you ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment