Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Blackberry Saga...or something

Let me tell you a little story about how everything God does is for a purpose, even the small and seemingly insignificant stuff. This is going to seem random to begin with but it will make sense by the end [I hope].

So a few months ago, my parents went to NYC and I watched my younger brothers. Due to a series of unfortunate events, my phone got wet and the track ball didn’t work. I talked to the Verizon guy and he told me to take my battery out and leave it for a while. Random right? [You would think so, but you would also be wrong.]

Today I set my phone on the sink while I showered. During my shower I decided I needed to text something to someone [so specific, right?] but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to send this text for the right reasons. I got out of the shower and thought about how I could “put my fleece out” [like Gideon] but then decided that I would just go ahead and text the person. When I got to my phone, low and behold my track ball didn’t work. So I rebooted the phone and it still wouldn’t work. There was my answer.

So, even though I felt like there was no purpose for my phone not to work while my parents were out of town, it taught me how to fix it in that situation AND decided my texting dilemma.

The end. There you go.

Today was great, by the way. The development office gals skyped with Juan and got our assignments for the semester, so now I actually know what I’m doing here! Tonight we had orientation so I got to meet some of the students. They are presh.

I want to hear about YOU! Please leave me a comment telling me a little about what you’re up to and let me know if you have anything you want me to pray for [Sorry, Emily. “for which to pray”]. I really do want to know, I’m not just being nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment