Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So much to tell


Left to Right: Ilonka, Melinda, Naomi, Me, Erika


This has been a spectacular couple of days. Yesterday, we had a pool party and it was so fun. We played some really ridiculous and unsuccessful pool games, had some good food, and played Signs [which is pretty much Brent's favorite game ever].

Today Juan called me and asked me to make an intern application sometime before the afternoon. That was fine until I realized we were getting out of our in-service meeting at noon which was 1pm where Juan was and I hadn't even started. I ended up finishing it on time [Praise the Lord!!!] and then started on editing something for the Curling's website. It was awesome to finally get to do some of the stuff I was hired for!

Later Brent came into the office and asked if I would be a substitute teacher for Naomi's 9th grade english class for Thursday, Friday, and Monday. I wasn't thrilled but I said I would go talk to her. When I went in there she explained everything that I would be doing so I didn't want her to have  to explain it again to someone else. Needless to say, I'm going to be teaching for three days. I'm super-scared but I know that this will be a good experience. God has placed me in this position so I pray that I will glorify Him and say only that which He would have me say. [God wills it! Right Seth/Brett?]

Tonight we had our first family dinner with all of the interns...Aww. Right? Right. Ilonka cooked an awesome meal and it was fun just hanging out with everyone.

I love that I'm becoming more an more myself with these people. Quiet, Awkward Tori is so blah. Awkward, Fun Tori is so yay!

Prayer: Please pray that I would be able to keep a handle on my classroom tomorrow and not have a panic attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment