Friday, August 13, 2010

My second ever missio... just kidding

Today was the BOMB. And I don't use that lightly [Actually I do, but not this time].

This morning was our first day of in-service. We had morning devos, went over our book that we're reading [which I am supposed to be reading right now], and talked about the vision of the school. Sweet.

Later we worked on setting up rooms and decorating bulliten boards.

After work we went to Chuck-e-Cheese! So flipping fun. We took some amazing pictures in the photobooth but they were cleaned up along with our trash so we no longer have those sweet memories. Ha.

When we got back, we got to work painting Melinda's [my roomie who I met about 30 minutes ago] classroom. We listened to some jams and painted for a Very. Long. Time. Then we ran into Melinda and helped her bring her stuff into the house.

Sorry, this was a very event oriented post and is not very meaningful but don't you worry your pretty little head, big things are happening. God is working and it is excellent.

Update on the prayer requests: I feel like we definitely bonded some today. I mean, how can you play ski ball with someone and not be friends?!

Prayer for today: Pray for Melinda as she settles in to our house and the school. Pray that she meshes well with everyone and feels welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I for one am very stoked about you and your new relationships. I can already see God at work in you, and I know He will do a mighty work through you.
    I assure you of this. The fun is just beginning. God will show you so many areas in your life that he still wants control over. You will become increasingly more satisfied in Christ. Chago, Trinette, and the rest of the staff and interns are a true joy to serve with. Get ready to experience God work in a way you never have. Devote yourself to loving Him and loving others and this will be the best experience of your life!
    Keep up the posts! I love them!

    ReplyDelete